The innovation of the Robo-Mate exoskeleton will be achieved through its novel functionalities. Traditionally, exoskeletons as used in the military and rehabilitation sectors can support the lifting of goods. The Robo-Mate device will go beyond that by:
- Improving working conditions and work performance through HMI with bidirectional information flow.
- Enhancing perception and augmenting reality through multi-sensor feedback and vision systems that, together with a higher level of connect-ability with the factory environment, results in more efficient immersion of the operator in the factory process.
- Supporting auxiliary processes in the production chain by gaining maximum flexibility and reactivity through selective and bidirectional information exchange throughout the whole factory environment and process-specific supply chains.
- Providing information on the conditions of components handled by the worker in real time through built-in tag readers, RFID or other work-piece identification.
- Ensuring efficient and safe assembly and disassembly tasks, as well as the manipulation of spare parts through intrinsic real-time handling- and/or service-instructions in a head-up display, thereby at the same time increasing the safety of workers.
- Modelling and simulation of the exoskeleton in virtual factory environments for the improved planning of the shared tasks.